John Wick – Action Movies | Edmonds Mall and Media Store
John Wick is an American action thriller media franchise created by Derek Kolstad and centered around John Wick, a former hitman who is forced back into the criminal underworld he had previously abandoned.
The franchise began with the release of John Wick in 2014, followed by three sequels: Chapter 2 in 2017, Chapter 3 – Parabellum in 2019, and Chapter 4 in 2023. Two spin-offs are being produced: the limited series The Continental in 2023 and the film Ballerina in 2024, while a fifth main installment, originally intended to be shot back-to-back with the fourth film, is also in development.
The films have been critically acclaimed and earned a collective gross of more than $831 million worldwide.
Main article: John Wick (character)
John Wick (Keanu Reeves) was born Jardani Jovonovich in Belarus. He was an orphan who was taken in by the Ruska Roma crime syndicate, where he was raised as an assassin, eventually rising to become the top enforcer of the Russian Mafia and known as “Baba Yaga” (“the one you sent to kill [the] Boogeyman”) under crime boss Viggo Tarasov (Michael Nyqvist), who deemed him so ruthless so as to respect and fear him. At the beginning of the first film, Wick has been retired from being a hitman for five years after undertaking an “impossible task” for Tarasov, wiping out all other organized crime syndicates in New York City in order to be allowed to leave to marry Helen (Bridget Moynahan) before her eventual death from cancer, leaving him known as a legend in the assassin underworld worldwide.
Every assassin in the world sticks to a strict code for conducting “business”, revolving around the Continental hotel chain, which serves as neutral ground for the underworld, where all “business” is strictly forbidden on all its properties, with each manager — including Winston Scott (Ian McShane), Sofia Al-Azwar (Halle Berry), and Shimazu Koji (Hiroyuki Sanada) — swearing their fealty to the High Table, a council of twelve high-level leaders of world society, while paying for services within the underworld with specialised gold coins, used as both fiscal and ethical currency to acquire goods and services, as well as honor-bound favors — a specific variety of which, a “marker”, binds one’s soul to an unbreakable blood oath between two individuals, in exchange for a specific task undertaken by each party for the other, for which one serves as the “bearer” until one day on-which they intend to claim the favor owed. Every assassin is bound to stick by two rules, lest they be made “excommunicado” — 1. No business is to be conducted on Continental grounds. 2. Every marker must be honored.
Shop Additional Deals at eBay.com
The Best Music on Amazon Music Prime
Fitness Music Resources
As a participant of Amazon Associates Program,
we earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally,
some links on this site may be affiliate links
to retail merchants and we may receive commissions.
- The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Season 4 is currently streaming on Peacock. Viewers can watch the first two episodes of the season that are currently out. The Bravo reality series revolves around the ladies of Salt Lake City who navigate personal and professional commitments, relationship and marriage issues, […]
- If you want to know how to watch and stream The Morning Show Season 3 Episode 4 online, you have come to the right place. Inspired by Brian Stelter’s 2013 book Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV, the drama series revolves around the news anchors […]
- If you are curious about where to watch and stream The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses season 1 episode 13 online, you have come to the right place. Airing on September 26, 2023, the episode will be the season finale of the TV anime, which is based on the […]
- The release date of The Twits is highly anticipated, as people are waiting for the on-screen adaptation of Roald Dahl’s book of the same name. The animated film follows the story of Mr. and Mrs. Twit, who are the owners of a dangerous amusement park named “Twitlandia.” However, their sudden […]
- With the upcoming Ahsoka series only a few weeks away, fans wonder where the show is set in the vast Star Wars timeline. Also, is it a sequel, prequel, or connected to The Mandalorian in any way? Here’s what you need to know. When does Ahsoka take place? Ahsoka takes […]
- We are proud to present an excerpt from the new book about some of the most famous movie quotes of all time by Brian Abrams. Read the official description of You Talkin’ to Me?: The Definitive Guide to Iconic Movie Quotes below, followed by the excerpt, and get your own copy here. […]
- Well-made and infuriating, HBO’s three-part documentary “Savior Complex” tells the story of Renee Bach, No White Saviors, and Serving His Children. It's a fascinating melting pot of colonialism, charity, outrage, class, race, privilege, and naivete, but what really elevates it into a conversation starter is how much it refuses to […]
- The move from the broadcast networks dominating the fall calendar with new programming has been gradual, but it's nearly complete. Every September, new shows premiere on networks like NBC and ABC that just don’t get the attention they used to even a decade ago. Cable companies like HBO and Showtime […]
- It’s been a challenging few years for my beloved local film festival. Even before the pandemic, there were headwinds that the Toronto International Film Festival was forced to confront, with studios beginning to shift away from prioritizing this September festival for certain prime releases and award contenders. Crafting COVID-19-friendly programs […]
- It’s interesting that Roger never reviewed the “Mortal Kombat” films, ignoring the Paul W.S. Anderson 1995 film and the dismal 1997 sequel. While the movies based on the 1992 arcade game and its many descendants have been pretty dismal (the 2021 remake is so forgettable that I forgot I reviewed it […]