Knock at the Cabin – Horror Movies | Edmonds Mall and Media Store
Knock at the Cabin is a 2023 American apocalyptic psychological horror film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who wrote the screenplay from an initial draft by Steve Desmond and Michael Sherman. It is based on the 2018 novel The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul G. Tremblay, the first adaptation of one of his works. The film stars Dave Bautista, Jonathan Groff, Ben Aldridge, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Kristen Cui, Abby Quinn, and Rupert Grint. In the film, a family vacationing at a remote cabin are suddenly held hostage by four strangers, who demand something unimaginable.
Knock at the Cabin premiered in New York City at the Rose Hall on January 30, 2023, and was theatrically released in the United States on February 3, 2023, by Universal Pictures. The film received generally positive reviews from critics and has grossed over $54 million worldwide.
Seven-year-old Wen is vacationing with her fathers, Eric and Andrew, at a remote cabin in rural Pennsylvania. While catching grasshoppers, Wen is approached by a stranger named Leonard. Initially friendly, he explains that he needs Wen and her parents’ help to save the world. However, Wen becomes suspicious when three other people appear with makeshift weapons. Wen flees to warn Eric and Andrew, but the visitors break into the cabin and tie them up, with Eric sustaining a concussion.
Leonard and his companions—Sabrina, Adriane, and Redmond—claim that they have never met before this day and have no intention of harming the family. However, in the past week, they have been driven by visions and an unknown force to find the family. The group foresees an impending apocalypse in which Leonard claims oceans will rise, a pandemic will spread, the sky will fall, and darkness will envelop the earth. The only way to prevent this is for the family to sacrifice one of their own. They are warned that, although they will survive the apocalypse, if they do not make a choice, they will be the last people alive. Eric and Andrew suspect that the intruders are lying and that the attack is motivated by hatred and delusion.
Shop Additional Deals at eBay.com
Skullcandy Grind True Wireless In-Ear Bluetooth Earbuds
Apple AirPods Wireless Earbuds with Lightning Charging Case
Beats Fit Pro – True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds
The Best Music on Amazon Music Prime
Get the latest Apple iPad for your Digital Media
Fitness Music Resources
Let’s Go! Cardio Non-Stop Workout Mix 132 BPM
40 Best Running and Workout Songs
As a participant of Amazon Associates Program,
we earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally,
some links on this site may be affiliate links
to retail merchants and we may receive commissions.
- The 2023 UEFA Champions League final is the cherry on the top of the Paramount Plus schedule for June 5-11. On Saturday, June 10, Manchester City and Inter Milan will clash in a much-anticipated soccer match that will conclude this year’s prestigious UEFA Champions League tournament in Istanbul, Turkey. Managed […]
- ComingSoon is excited to debut the Heightened trailer for the comedy movie that deals with obsessive-compulsive disorder and social anxiety. It is written and directed by Sara Friedman, who also stars in the movie alongside Dave Register, Mike Mitchell, Xander Berkeley, and Sarah Clarke. It will make its world premiere […]
- Here is the must-know information for the My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999 episode 11 release date and time. This is when the new My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999 episode will be available on Crunchyroll for those in the US (ET, CT, and PT) time zones. When […]
- Dune is one of the hottest titles heading to Hulu as part of the schedule for June 5-11. On Saturday, June 10, the streamer will add Dune to its available content. Directed by Denis Villeneuve, Dune is the latest big-screen adaptation of the epic story written by Frank Herbert. The […]
- Here is the need-to-know info about the Hell’s Paradise episode 10 release date and time. Here’s when the new Hell’s Paradise episode will be available on Crunchyroll for those in the US (ET, CT, PT) time zones. When is the Hell’s Paradise episode 10 release date? Hell’s Paradise episode 10’s […]
- RogerEbert.com publisher Chaz Ebert's ninth video dispatch from the 2023 Cannes Film Festival, made with Scott Dummler of Mint Media Works, features her discussion with actor Nicholas Guest about his career as well as his thoughts on festival selections including Aki Kaurismäki's "Fallen Leaves," Hirokazu Kore-eda's "Monster" and Pedro Almodóvar's "Strange Way of […]
- Cannes 2023: The Sweet East, The Book of Solutions, The Feeling That the Time for Doing Something Has PassedA thoroughly pungent, scabrously funny kind of nightmare picaresque, Sean Price Williams’ “The Sweet East” (which premiered at Cannes in the Directors’ Fortnight section) is set not against the wide-open expanses of the American West, as per the road movies of past generations, but rather in the diseased underbelly of […]
- Rob Savage has proven twice that he can aim higher than “The Boogeyman,” an emotionally numbing horror movie and counter-intuitive self-challenge to make PG-13 horror scary. The filmmaker’s previous ventures—“Host,” about a haunted Zoom seance, and “Dashcam,” about a rapping anti-vaxxer’s live-streamed descent into hell—led with innovation and provocation. They’re […]
- My esteemed colleague Christy Lemire opened her review of “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” with a quote from her nine-year-old asking if he could see it again, so I think there’s some synergy in quoting my nine-year-old to open this one: “That might be the best movie I’ve ever seen.” “Spider-Man: […]
- When do you know a relationship is real? Is it when you exchange glances that last a little too long so you can stare into each other’s eyes? Is it when you can’t stop talking to each other? Is it when you two do something together that feels more special […]