Knock at the Cabin – Horror Movies | Edmonds Mall and Media Store
Knock at the Cabin is a 2023 American apocalyptic psychological horror film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who wrote the screenplay from an initial draft by Steve Desmond and Michael Sherman. It is based on the 2018 novel The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul G. Tremblay, the first adaptation of one of his works. The film stars Dave Bautista, Jonathan Groff, Ben Aldridge, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Kristen Cui, Abby Quinn, and Rupert Grint. In the film, a family vacationing at a remote cabin are suddenly held hostage by four strangers, who demand something unimaginable.
Knock at the Cabin premiered in New York City at the Rose Hall on January 30, 2023, and was theatrically released in the United States on February 3, 2023, by Universal Pictures. The film received generally positive reviews from critics and has grossed over $54 million worldwide.
Seven-year-old Wen is vacationing with her fathers, Eric and Andrew, at a remote cabin in rural Pennsylvania. While catching grasshoppers, Wen is approached by a stranger named Leonard. Initially friendly, he explains that he needs Wen and her parents’ help to save the world. However, Wen becomes suspicious when three other people appear with makeshift weapons. Wen flees to warn Eric and Andrew, but the visitors break into the cabin and tie them up, with Eric sustaining a concussion.
Leonard and his companions—Sabrina, Adriane, and Redmond—claim that they have never met before this day and have no intention of harming the family. However, in the past week, they have been driven by visions and an unknown force to find the family. The group foresees an impending apocalypse in which Leonard claims oceans will rise, a pandemic will spread, the sky will fall, and darkness will envelop the earth. The only way to prevent this is for the family to sacrifice one of their own. They are warned that, although they will survive the apocalypse, if they do not make a choice, they will be the last people alive. Eric and Andrew suspect that the intruders are lying and that the attack is motivated by hatred and delusion.
Shop Additional Deals at eBay.com
The Best Music on Amazon Music Prime
Fitness Music Resources
As a participant of Amazon Associates Program,
we earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally,
some links on this site may be affiliate links
to retail merchants and we may receive commissions.
- HBO has revealed the first look at the upcoming House of the Dragon Season 2 in the form of a teaser trailer for the Game of Thrones prequel. Check out the House of the Dragon teaser trailer: What to Expect in House of the Dragon Season 2? Season 1 ended […]
- The first official The Boys Season 4 teaser trailer is here, giving fans their first look at the highly anticipated fourth season of the Prime Video series. The new trailer shows some of the action-packed moments the fourth season promises, including a look at Homelander and William “Billy” Butcher. We […]
- The Fallout teaser trailer has been released for Amazon’s upcoming television adaptation of the hit video game franchise. It will begin streaming on Prime Video on April 12, 2024. “Based on one of the greatest video game series of all time, Fallout is the story of haves and have-nots in […]
- In the recent Bigg Boss Season 17 episode and during Weekend ka Vaar, Karan Johar criticized KhanZaadi for her dramatic approach to her medical conditions. He reprimanded Anurag Dobhal for consistently disrespecting the show. Karan asked for confirmation from Anurag regarding his commitment to continue participating in the show. During […]
- Wondering how to watch My New Boss Is Goofy Season 1 Episode 10 online? Your search ends here, as we have all the streaming details. This workplace comedy revolves around Momose, a 26-year-old office worker who, after experiencing harassment from his previous boss, opts for a fresh start in a […]
- Godzilla turns 70 next year, and to celebrate, his parent company Toho Studios waited until the end of this year to release the most conventional Godzilla movie in recent memory. “Godzilla Minus One” may also be the most sobering and least flamboyant Japanese-produced Godzilla movie since the original 1954 nuclear […]
- Joy (Max Eigenmann) is one of millions of domestic workers worldwide. She’s overlooked by some employers, while others intensely scrutinize her every move. Joy is trying to survive another day, and out of sight of her employers, she’s saving up for bigger dreams they can’t imagine for her: stability, safety, […]
- Scout Tafoya’s ‘The Unloved’ is a heartfelt salvage operation into cinema’s outcasts — the forgotten glitter in neglected celluloid. A must. – Patton Oswalt Who is this sensitive soul who looked around and thought, "the world needs more love," and then contributed that love through his art? Scout Tafoya – […]
- When I got to Boston in the winter of 2008 for schooling, I knew almost no one. I had family that I roomed with for a semester and took it as my burden that by living an hour's train ride away, it wouldn't be feasible or realistic to try and do […]
- Everything is ugly in Eileen's life. Her small Massachusetts town is rickety and dingy. The house where she lives with her end-stages alcoholic father is the neighborhood eyesore. The "youth center for boys", i.e., prison for kids, where she works, is aggressively ugly. The ugliness is so total Eileen (Thomasin […]