Puss in Boots: The Last Wish – Comedy Movies | Edmonds Mall and Media Store
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is a 2022 American computer-animated adventure film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. The sequel to the spin-off film Puss in Boots (2011) and the sixth installment in the Shrek franchise, the film was directed by Joel Crawford and co-directed by Januel Mercado. Based on the character from Shrek 2 (2004) and inspired by the eponymous fairy tale, the film’s screenplay was written by Paul Fisher and Tommy Swerdlow, with a story by Swerdlow and Tom Wheeler (the latter of whom wrote the 2011 film). The voice cast of Puss in Boots: The Last Wish includes Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek Pinault reprising their respective roles as the titular character and Kitty Softpaws, and are joined by Harvey Guillén, Florence Pugh, Olivia Colman, Ray Winstone, Samson Kayo, John Mulaney, Wagner Moura, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, and Anthony Mendez, who voice new characters introduced in the film. Set after Shrek Forever After (2010), the film follows Puss in Boots as he journeys to find the mystical Last Wish for the Wishing Star by teaming up with Kitty and Perrito (Guillén) to restore the first eight of his nine lives, by wishing on the mystical Last Wishing Star. They must race against Goldilocks and her Three Bears Crime Family (Pugh, Winstone, Colman, and Kayo), and “Big” Jack Horner (Mulaney), who all desire the star; Puss must also avoid a mysterious hooded wolf (Moura), who plots to kill him.
Plans for a sequel to Puss in Boots began in November 2012, when executive producer Guillermo del Toro shared plans to take the titular character on an adventure to a “very exotic locale”, and also stated a couple of drafts for the screenplay were completed. Work on a sequel began in April 2014, according to Banderas. The film’s title was announced as Puss in Boots 2: Nine Lives & 40 Thieves in June 2014. After being stuck in development hell, the project was revived in November 2018, with Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri confirmed to be an executive producer. It was announced that the film would be helmed by Bob Persichetti, the head of story of the first film and one of the three directors of Sony Pictures Animation’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018), in February 2019. Crawford was later announced as the new director in March 2021, along with Mercado. The majority of the new cast members, along with Pinault’s return, were announced in March 2022. The story drew inspiration from Spaghetti Western films, with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) being cited as a particular influence. As with DreamWorks’ previous film The Bad Guys (2022), the film has a stylized animation style, inspired by Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. With new technology, the team was able to give the film a painterly style to resemble a fairy-tale story, rather than utilizing the realistic visual style of every previous installment of the Shrek franchise.
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish premiered at Lincoln Center in New York City on December 13, 2022, and was theatrically released in the United States on December 21, 2022, after being delayed due to restructuring at DreamWorks. The film received positive reviews from critics, praising its animation, themes, voice acting, humor, and portrayal of Death. Many reviewers considered it superior to its predecessor, as well as one of the best films in the Shrek franchise. It was also a commercial success, grossing $480 million worldwide on a production budget of $90–110 million, becoming the tenth-highest-grossing film of 2022. At the 95th Academy Awards it was nominated for Best Animated Feature, as well as receiving nominations at the Golden Globes, Critics’ Choice Awards, and British Academy Film Awards.
Shop Additional Deals at eBay.com
The Best Music on Amazon Music Prime
Fitness Music Resources
As a participant of Amazon Associates Program,
we earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally,
some links on this site may be affiliate links
to retail merchants and we may receive commissions.
- HBO has revealed the first look at the upcoming House of the Dragon Season 2 in the form of a teaser trailer for the Game of Thrones prequel. Check out the House of the Dragon teaser trailer: What to Expect in House of the Dragon Season 2? Season 1 ended […]
- The first official The Boys Season 4 teaser trailer is here, giving fans their first look at the highly anticipated fourth season of the Prime Video series. The new trailer shows some of the action-packed moments the fourth season promises, including a look at Homelander and William “Billy” Butcher. We […]
- The Fallout teaser trailer has been released for Amazon’s upcoming television adaptation of the hit video game franchise. It will begin streaming on Prime Video on April 12, 2024. “Based on one of the greatest video game series of all time, Fallout is the story of haves and have-nots in […]
- In the recent Bigg Boss Season 17 episode and during Weekend ka Vaar, Karan Johar criticized KhanZaadi for her dramatic approach to her medical conditions. He reprimanded Anurag Dobhal for consistently disrespecting the show. Karan asked for confirmation from Anurag regarding his commitment to continue participating in the show. During […]
- Wondering how to watch My New Boss Is Goofy Season 1 Episode 10 online? Your search ends here, as we have all the streaming details. This workplace comedy revolves around Momose, a 26-year-old office worker who, after experiencing harassment from his previous boss, opts for a fresh start in a […]
- Godzilla turns 70 next year, and to celebrate, his parent company Toho Studios waited until the end of this year to release the most conventional Godzilla movie in recent memory. “Godzilla Minus One” may also be the most sobering and least flamboyant Japanese-produced Godzilla movie since the original 1954 nuclear […]
- Joy (Max Eigenmann) is one of millions of domestic workers worldwide. She’s overlooked by some employers, while others intensely scrutinize her every move. Joy is trying to survive another day, and out of sight of her employers, she’s saving up for bigger dreams they can’t imagine for her: stability, safety, […]
- Scout Tafoya’s ‘The Unloved’ is a heartfelt salvage operation into cinema’s outcasts — the forgotten glitter in neglected celluloid. A must. – Patton Oswalt Who is this sensitive soul who looked around and thought, "the world needs more love," and then contributed that love through his art? Scout Tafoya – […]
- When I got to Boston in the winter of 2008 for schooling, I knew almost no one. I had family that I roomed with for a semester and took it as my burden that by living an hour's train ride away, it wouldn't be feasible or realistic to try and do […]
- Everything is ugly in Eileen's life. Her small Massachusetts town is rickety and dingy. The house where she lives with her end-stages alcoholic father is the neighborhood eyesore. The "youth center for boys", i.e., prison for kids, where she works, is aggressively ugly. The ugliness is so total Eileen (Thomasin […]