The Met Flex Diet: Burn Better Fuel, Burn More Fat – Hardcover Book | Edmonds Mall and Media Store
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Dr. Ian K. Smith, a powerful six-week plan to burn fat more efficiently by improving metabolic flexibility.
The human body has the amazing ability to switch which fuels it uses for energy based on what fuel is available at the time—researchers call this metabolic flexibility. Bodies that are able to make this switch can burn sugars, proteins, and other food nutrients when available, and then switch to burning the body’s fat storage or fatty acids when food calories are not available. It turns out that losing weight is not just about burning calories, it’s also about switching between these pathways as efficiently as possible. Yet little has been written about how to achieve metabolic flexibility until now.
Dr. Ian K. Smith is a renowned medical expert and the author of numerous bestselling health books. In The Met Flex Diet, he offers a one-of-a-kind plan to improve metabolic flexibility through changing the types and quantities of food/beverages consumed, as well as the type of exercise. Timing is also a factor timing of meals and timing of exercise relative to when the meals are consumed. All of these variables will play an important role in helping the body make the important switch from one fuel source to another.
In just six weeks, readers can experience amazing fat-burning results by following simple guidelines, like:
- Eat the first meal of the day three hours after waking.
- Complete a fasted cardio workout within the first two hours of waking.
- Get at least seven hours of sleep a night.
- Finish dinner two hours before going to sleep.
Complete with meal and exercise plans, as well as recipes, The Met Flex Diet gives readers every tool they need to meet their weight loss goals.
Available in Hardcover or Digital formats for Kindle and iPad readers.
Shop Additional Deals at eBay.com
Kindle Paperwhite with 6.8″ Display
Basics Modern 5-Tier Ladder Bookshelf Organizer
USB Rechargeable Book Light for Reading
New York Times Best Sellers
Get the latest Apple iPad for your Digital Media
Fitness & Health Books and Magazine Resources
Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body
Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
As a participant of Amazon Associates Program,
we earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally,
some links on this site may be affiliate links
to retail merchants and we may receive commissions.
- Healthy eating is good for your overall physical and mental health — and there are many ways to approach it. The post 7 Strategies for Realistic Healthy Eating Habits, According to a Dietitian appeared first on Anytime Fitness.
- With proper technique, leg machines are a simple, effective addition to any gym routine. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered in this step-by-step guide for safely using the leg curl, press, and lift machines. The post Gym Equipment 101: How to Use Leg Press, Curl, & Lift […]
- This Tabata workout crams maximum muscle burning into a minimal timeframe. The post Tabata Workout: The Total Body High-Intensity Training Anyone Can Do appeared first on Anytime Fitness.
- Basketball is an effective — and fun — workout for athletes of all abilities. Boost your agility, explosiveness, strength, and conditioning with these exercises from our expert Coaches. The post 9 Exercises to Level Up Your Basketball Game appeared first on Anytime Fitness.
- Skipping your warm-up is tempting when you're in a rush, but it's never worth the risk of pulling a muscle or limiting your potential during your workout. Here's why. The post How Important is Warming Up for Your Workout? appeared first on Anytime Fitness.
- crop top crunch time Want Abs? Do this! Our 2023 Crop Top Crunch Time (mini) Challenge is here! This is a FREE 14 day abs challenge you can do at-home in 10 minutes or less. You will feel tighter, more toned and ready to take on summer at the end […]
- Spring Slim Down 2023 Winners! 350 pounds in JUST 6 WEEKS! Spring Slim Down 2023 is in the books and, phew, this one was insane! Our team was in constant awe of the progress, both physically and mentally we were seeing throughout the challenge. We wanted to bring back the […]
- Cacao-Nut Protein Balls You are going to go NUTS over these protein balls! I have been loving these as a post workout snack or an after dinner treat! Once you try these you will be wanting more, trust me! My other favorite protein balls recipe is in the Guiltless Nutrition […]
- There is no excerpt because this is a protected post. The post Protected: Making Moves | 2023 appeared first on Love Sweat Fitness.
- Spring is almost here, and with it comes daylight savings time change. Sure, we get more sunlight, but losing an hour of sleep can really throw off our internal clocks, leaving us feeling tired and sluggish for days. But fear not, because I’ve got some tips to help you avoid […]