The Met Flex Diet: Burn Better Fuel, Burn More Fat – Hardcover Book | Edmonds Mall and Media Store
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Dr. Ian K. Smith, a powerful six-week plan to burn fat more efficiently by improving metabolic flexibility.
The human body has the amazing ability to switch which fuels it uses for energy based on what fuel is available at the time—researchers call this metabolic flexibility. Bodies that are able to make this switch can burn sugars, proteins, and other food nutrients when available, and then switch to burning the body’s fat storage or fatty acids when food calories are not available. It turns out that losing weight is not just about burning calories, it’s also about switching between these pathways as efficiently as possible. Yet little has been written about how to achieve metabolic flexibility until now.
Dr. Ian K. Smith is a renowned medical expert and the author of numerous bestselling health books. In The Met Flex Diet, he offers a one-of-a-kind plan to improve metabolic flexibility through changing the types and quantities of food/beverages consumed, as well as the type of exercise. Timing is also a factor timing of meals and timing of exercise relative to when the meals are consumed. All of these variables will play an important role in helping the body make the important switch from one fuel source to another.
In just six weeks, readers can experience amazing fat-burning results by following simple guidelines, like:
- Eat the first meal of the day three hours after waking.
- Complete a fasted cardio workout within the first two hours of waking.
- Get at least seven hours of sleep a night.
- Finish dinner two hours before going to sleep.
Complete with meal and exercise plans, as well as recipes, The Met Flex Diet gives readers every tool they need to meet their weight loss goals.
Available in Hardcover or Digital formats for Kindle and iPad readers.
Shop Additional Deals at eBay.com
New York Times Best Sellers
Fitness & Health Books and Magazine Resources
As a participant of Amazon Associates Program,
we earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally,
some links on this site may be affiliate links
to retail merchants and we may receive commissions.
- Candie is an inspiration for anyone who’s been overweight and felt overwhelmed by major health issues. Thanks to Anytime Fitness, she’s lost 200 pounds, is off her blood pressure meds, and is no longer a diabetic. And she and her Coach, Mike, are just getting warmed up. The post How […]
- Follow the inspiring journey of a triathlete who got into such incredible shape at Anytime Fitness, it helped him survive a heart attack during a competition. Now his Coaches Devon and Sam are helping him down the road to recovery. The post Pushing Forward After Tragedy: Mark’s Story appeared first […]
- Can’t make it to the gym? That doesn’t mean you have to skip your workout. You can do these 7 exercises right in your living room — or wherever! — to build muscle, burn calories, and feel good. The post Gym Workout at Home: 7 No-Equipment Exercises appeared first on […]
- After Joe lost his wife, he went to Anytime Fitness to cancel her membership. But what he found instead was a family and a new sense of strength. The post Turning Grief Into Strength: Joe’s Story appeared first on Anytime Fitness.
- These chicken parm meatballs are a super easy way to get tons of protein any night of the week — with only one pan to clean up. The post Recipe: Chicken Parmesan Meatballs appeared first on Anytime Fitness.